Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thrifting & Cleaning Like a Mother ...

Well whoever said "Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish" works is sure right!!! That stuff shines aluminum like crazy! I decided to get cracking on the wings today ... figures the day I have a light workload it's hot as a you-know-what so wanted an indoor project. This stuff is great ... polishes up dull aluminum wonderfully (but stinks and turns the towels black ... be forewarned!).



Took a break after scrubbing the cargo area floor and went thrifting looking for some cool camper stuff. Didn't find much of anything but I did find a vintage 60s Samsonite round train case in that off white marble for $3.99. I left the regular suitcase but would love to find more of these to take with me because they're just so cute and retro. Here's a picture of one just like it that's currently on Etsy.


I also found a Rolodex for my office for $1.59 and a set of 2 wire shelves that stack together for $1. I'm still looking for corelle dishes but might end up buying them at Walmart. They did have some Melmac at Salvation Army but they wanted $10.99 for it and it was pretty crappy looking and it was missing the bowls. Makes me kind of upset that I sold a bunch at a yard sale for $5 this past weekend but the colors were ugly.

I also found some adorable Alexander Henry fabric called "This Land is Your Land" that has states and symbols all over it ... might go with a travel theme which again makes me peeved that I sold a bunch of those tacky state plates at my yard sale this past weekend too. Ugh. Oh well, there's always ebay!

Tonight I tackled the kitchen area. I used lysol spray cleaner on the backsplash and the formica and when I took down the range hood, I found 40 years of dried out dead flies ... blech! I also shined up the propane lantern and cleaned the heck out of the range hood and filter. I'll replace that tomorrow after it's had enough time to dry completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment