Saturday, September 18, 2010

She's baaaaaaaack!

Got my camper back today ... cost more than I expected but they also did more than I expected.  She's all set to go now with 2 new propane tanks, clean lines, working stove and oven and working heater.  Bearings are freshly packed, electric brake is wired and working, all lights work properly and the electric is functional.  We also purchased a portable gray water tank and some plumbing supplies for the city water hookup. 

After paying for all that, we went to Hobby Lobby and returned the bug fabric (which was just too over the top) and purchased some maroon-ish fabric with tiny diamond dots of avocado green which is being turned into curtains.  It brings out a color from the cushions while coordinating with the avocado appliances.  We also went to Menard's and purchased a nice warm off-white to paint the walls (decided not to introduce any more color because I was afraid it would turn into a circus) and a smoke detector.

I'm still not sure what color to paint the exterior.  I'm leaning toward white naturally with the faded gold stripes being a nice dark avocado/olive green rather than a Kelly or a forest green but then again, every time I see a pink trailer, I drool.  I'm going to have to do some more googling of LoFlyte's to see what others have done.  When I played with Photoshop, the only color that looked decent to me was a darker green so I'm probably going to go with that.  Sometimes the camper has to tell you what color it wants to be and I think this one is saying "go green!"

I'm just glad she's back and nearly ready to take on my camping trip.  The man at the RV place said she's very solid and he was actually amazed that the stove/oven and the heater all worked like they should since he said parts for those are very hard to come by.  So I lucked out on that. 

So far we've sunk $2600+ into her ... would have been much easier to have just purchased a renovated one but we're still way under what one would cost new so I guess that's a good thing.  It will be nice to have her done though so I can just relax and enjoy.  One interesting thing .. we can more than likely get her into the garage whereas the Compact is about 2-3 inches too tall even riding on the rims with the tires deflated all the way.  Guess that's why they call her a LoFlyte!

No comments:

Post a Comment