Thursday, February 17, 2011

Speech Team Good Luck Cupcakes!

I made these for the speech team kids for their meet tomorrow.  I'm taking a cake decorating class so learned how to make the fancy icing swirls using the 1M tip.  The picks were made using lollipop sticks and scrapbook paper.  I printed out circles in Word with Good Luck on them, punched them out with my 1" paper punch and then using the Cricut and Accent Essentials, I used the flower shape (using the shift key to make it solid) and made 2" flowers with the printed paper and 1-1/2" flowers with the purple paper.  I then attached the Good Luck circles to the front and hot glued them to lollipop sticks.  The cupcake papers also have multicolored dots on them and since one of our school colors is purple, I colored the icing a light purple ... would hate for the kids to perform with purple lips and tongues!  :)

This was fun ... hopefully they'll enjoy them and my daughter brings home gold! 

No comments:

Post a Comment