Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cookies!

I promised my daughter's ex-boyfriend homemade cookies at the next speech meet and needed something to put them in rather than just a plate.  I bought a package of the plain white gift bags at Hobby Lobby (at 50% off ... yay!) and was going to embellish them with Paper Studio "Baking" scrapbook paper but then decided that would be too "girly" and he'd probably be embarrassed. 

So, I looked through my stash and found some sandy beach paper, cut a 4-inch circle out of the sand part with the Cricut and then cut random snips (mostly trapezoid shapes) out of dark brown paper and glued them to the circle to make a chocolate chip cookie which I glued to a larger circle (4-1/4 inches using the Cricut) and glued it to the bag.  I then made just a rectangle on top of a rectangle out of the same paper and used white sticker letters to spell out cookies.

I think it turned out cute.  I'll put the cookies (chocolate chip naturally) in a Ziploc bag and nestle them into some tissue paper and call it good.  Hope he likes them!

No comments:

Post a Comment