Monday, February 9, 2009

Horsin' Around

My daughter informed me that she and 3 other classmates needed to do a reinactment of a scene in Julius Ceaser for English class. They were going to be on horseback and so I volunteered to make "hobby horses" for them. I don't sew well so I have no idea what I was thinking when I decided to do this. This is the final result. I think they turned out pretty good.




A video utorial was found on the web however the pattern turned out to be too skinny so we enlarged it by adding about an inch all around.

Dowels - $2.12 at Menards (3 foot dowels would be cheaper but these were 4 foot)

Material - 1/2 yard at $.97 each (Walmart cheap broadcloth)

Striped Ribbon - $2.97 (could have used 2 rolls of each but we modified)

Buttons - $.75 for 2 (used 2 on each horse)

Yarn - $2.47 a skein (used 1 1/2 skeins of cheap Red Heart yarn at Walmart)

Google Eyes - Walmart (can't remember the price but there were 12 in a package of large ones)

Stuffing - $2.99 a bag at Walmart (used 1 1/4 bags)

1 comment: