Saturday, October 6, 2012

Camping with the Casita!

Well I finally got to go camping in my lil Casita last month!  Went to Custer State Park in South Dakota for a great week ... beautiful scenery, great company and a ton of fun! 

Then onto the Nebraska Junk Jaunt for even more fun ... and shopping ... and junk!  Not sure why I bought half of what I did but that's the fun of the JJ ... you never know what you'll find.

My best friend for life finally named my camper (yes again, this poor little thing has gone through so many name changes).  Her new and permanent name is Aqua Polka.  Yes, it's a weird name but it has meaning!  The inside is done in an aqua color AND polka dots plus I'm half Polish so it fits. 

Here she is all glamped up ... isn't she adorable? 


Sadly it's now time to get ready for winterizing.  :(  I'm not ready for cold weather but luckily for me (well not really lucky but making lemonade out of lemons here) hubby inadvertently crashed into the garage door necessitating a replacement.  So in a moment of brilliance, I decided we are going to make an 8-foot garage door so we can winter the camper inside.  Yay!

Until next time, stay warm and happy trails!

3 comments:

  1. I know I've left comments here for you before. Not sure why they're not here??

    I'm out and about blog visiting today from Bridge and Beyond. It's a New Year, 2013 and we've got lots of new things going on. Please hop over for a visit, spend some time, leave comments. That helps the blog you know. AND catch up on all the new information. Did you know we're not just knitters and crocheters anymore? Do you Quilt? Did you know we have a Facebook Group now? AND there's more. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog following Casita pins on Pinterest. I have owned a Casita for 18 ish years now and was about to sell mine after not using it for a decade. I keep thinking I will use it but life gets so busy and well I am just on a different path than the camping one right now. After looking at so many cute pictures online and adding to my Glamping board on Pinterest I waver back and forth about keeping my Casita. I do own a tiny 8' x 24' tiny house and have a blog about it at www.ShabbyChicTinyRetreat.blogspot.com. After reading that you love vintage, small spaces and girlie spaces I thought I would share my tiny home with you. I see you stopped posting and am wondering if you are ok ? I noticed you had a previous post re: Cushing's and hope you were not diagnosed with it. I hope you are having fun camping in your little Casita. You fixed her up so cute. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping round to everyone on the blog list that's donated to let you know Bridge and Beyond is involved in a blogging challenge for the month of April. Would love you to visit, to read, to comment...that's all part of the challenge. Thank you for support. Even if you're not currently knitting or crocheting, or looming, the visits, reading, and commenting are helpful and appreciated.

    Sandy at Bridge and Beyond

    ReplyDelete