Thursday, October 13, 2011

Another Altered Train Case

I love making these for some reason ... it's just relaxing!  Found this poor little case at Salvation Army for $1.99.  It was a mess, the whole interior was ripped out so I decided to see what I could do to rescue it.

I used Mod Podge and scrapbook paper to cover the interior and exterior and then I painted the bottom and handle pink with acrylic paint.  I used sticky glue dots to attach the scrabble tile letters, K & Company flowers and then I attached squares cut out of The Paper Studio "Yarn & Thread Emporium" card stock pack that I got at Hobby Lobby. 

I then coated the whole thing with water based varathane to seal it and harden it ... I find this works better than Mod Podge over the top although I do use Mod Podge first, let that dry and then use the varathane. 

I'm probably going to use this to store my crafty stuff.  Still need to seal the "squares" since I just put those on today but wanted to shoot some quick pictures and put them up here while it's drying.  :)


  1. You do such an awesome job on these! Love the pink.

  2. So cute!!! They also would be great to use when traveling in the vintage campers!! Love it!! Great job!